This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Can't install thunderbird on slitaz 3
  • stankingstonstankingston March 2011
    Hello, I have slitaz 3 installed and booting on a 4 GB usb stick. I installed Firefox and it works ok but I can't install Thunderbird. I have downloaded Thunderbird 3.1.9.tar.bz2 to /home/tux/download and extracted it to the same folder.  when I go to Xterm and type tazpkg get-install thunderbird it returns: unable to find thunderbird in the mirrored packages list. I should be most grateful if anyone could help me solve this. The USB stick is formatted ext3.
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za March 2011
    Because packages don't work that way...?

If you downloaded Thunderbird 3.1.9.tar.bz2 then it expects you to compile it, which will require several packages and a whole lot of effort. SliTaz 3 doesn't come with Thunderbird, but it will be available in SliTaz 4 and it's already available in SliTaz Cooking.

What you can use for now is something called Seamonkey, which comes with Firefox, Thunderbird, ChatZilla, etc built into one program rather than separately. All you have to do is go tazpkg get-install seamonkey to get it.
  • stankingstonstankingston March 2011
    I thank you very much Trixar_za
  • ChristopheChristophe March 2011
    Alternatively, if you are unhappy with seamonkey (which i like, but is slightly different and less powerfull than its counterparts) i can post de thunderbird pkg that i transtated from a .dev

or you can do it your self, just look for the .deb  on the web, and use (i believe) the convert command. (check the doc). It was very straight when i did that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged

SliTaz Social