This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

LiveUSB login problem
  • talsitalsi March 2011

Hi,

First of all sorry for newbie question, but I am new to the linux.

I was hoping to make system for back-up and recovery with SliTaz (30mb for complete system is sooo cool) from my old pendrive, with the ability to save my setting. So, I have burned ISO image, booted it and with Tazusb I have make USB bootable drive - as described in documentation. But, after booting, error message “Failed to execute login command” pops up and it takes me to login screen. Now, I can not log-in as user “tux”, I can log-in as root, but then the desktop is back, with no icons or wallpaper, and my setting is not saved :-(

So I thought I create new user, but when I try to log in, there is the same error as above.

Anyone knows how to make it work? I have tried both stable and cooking versions, but with no success.

Also, every time I log out, the screen is switching between 800x600 and my monitor’s native resolution...... can’t figure why.

• slicelslicel March 2011
    I do not use tazusb much but I seem to remember that it is sensitive to format so you could check that you created a partition and you might want to try the best format (is it ext3?) and check that you set /home correctly.

Some people reported that writing lzma was broken but gzip worked.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged

SliTaz Social