This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

SliTaz is not recognizing my wireless card.
  • leonheart390leonheart390 November 2009
    I am totally new to the whole linux world and I have no idea how to get SliTaz to recognize my wireless card on my laptop, or how to even connect to a wireless network from within any form of linux. PLEASE HELP ME!!
  • cavalier911cavalier911 November 2009
    Boot into SliTaz open a terminal, type lspci | grep Wireless then enter. Copy and paste the line that describes your wireless adapter in your reply like this.

tux@slitaz:/home$ lspci | grep Wireless
    00:0d.0 Network controller: Texas Instruments ACX 111 54Mbps Wireless Interface
  • leonheart390leonheart390 November 2009
    It's a RTL-8185 wireless card
  • cavalier911cavalier911 November 2009
    I can't help you if you don't follow my directions.
    Sorry...
  • jozeejozee November 2009
    first let slitaz try to automatically discover the right module for you tazhw detect-pci

If that fails, try
    modprobe rtl8180
    and then setting up using the wireless configuration manager
  • rustyrusty December 2009
    ok so i see that you have the "Texas Instruments ACX 111 54Mbps Wireless Interface " Did you get it working? I didnt see it in the list Texas Instruments ACX 111 54Mbps Wireless Inter
    here is what I have
    -PCI Devices-
    Network controller : Texas Instruments ACX 100 22Mbps Wireless Interface
    Network controller : RaLink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
    Ethernet controller : VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6102

It saw the rt61 fine but I supose i will have to manually install th driver for the acx, and yes I know I should just go buy a card but I like this one for some reason every linux I have ever tried I have had to manually install

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social