This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Trouble installing Go-OO instead of OpenOffice3
  • ms3811ms3811 June 2010
    Due to compatibility reasons with MS Office and support for VBA (I have a lot of legacy company spreadsheets that contain macros written in VBA), I prefer using Go-OO as against OpenOffice3.

I downloaded the RPMs for Go-OO but can't seem to figure out how to install them. The admin guide for Go-OO states to run "rpm -ivh *.rpm". The options "v" and "h" aren't supported and the install always fails after installing the first rpm with "xxxxxxx.rpm does not exist". Obviously the file does exist. If I delete the first package it finished installing, it then installs the next package and then gives an error message for the following package and so on.

Ubuntu/PC-LinuxOS seem to carry Go-OO in their repos, I was wondering if there is any plan to add it to Slitaz as well.
  • seawolfseawolf June 2010
    You cannot install RPMs directly on SliTaz because they are the format of the RedHat Package Manager and need to be converted to that of SliTaz, TazPkg.

See: http://hg.slitaz.org/tazpkg/raw-file/tip/doc/tazpkg.en.html#convert
    to convert them to SliTaz, or search the forum for the other poster(s) that are using Go-OO.

It is *much* better to compile them to create TazPkgs though it can be a little bit of a learning curve if you haven't done it before.

HIH.
  • ms3811ms3811 June 2010
    Compiling is a tad out of my scope of skills :(.

I will try the convert option and see if I can get it to work that way.

Thanks for the direction.
  • ms3811ms3811 July 2010
    Just wondering, any chance Go-oo might be added to the repos some day in the future?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social