This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

some issues
  • devl547devl547 April 2010
    1. Xorg doesn't find keyboard and mouse (xorg now uses udev, not hal!)
    2. Looks like recent segfaults were caused by busybox. When I replaced it with one from cooking livecd (build with gcc 4.4) everything went back to normal. Also it needs a version bump (1.16.1 is stable now)
    3. I cannot cook anything now - it seems to be some gcc problem (C compiler cannot create executables). Before the gcc bump everything was normal.
    Any ideas?
  • confirm busybox segfaults.

• devl547devl547 May 2010
    third problem gone after reinstallation. but still have xorg issues ^_^''
  • jozeejozee May 2010
    devl547 : You are right. I have posted earlier that we know slitaz new toolchain, having recently released gcc 4.5.0, is not behaving well with busybox and optimization parameters. We are working on finding a solution and will soon take a decision. If nothing works, we need to downgrade gcc to gcc4.4. I think we should announce this so that all devs know about it.

Edit: For the latest xorg 1.8 in cooking repos, we are currently utilizing hal rather than udev. We will drop hal once xorg gets more stable (http://hg.slitaz.org/wok/rev/4846163f9eee).
    jozee, strange. My keyboard and mouse dont work since xorg update. afaik, when I used gentoo it was caused by one of these problems:
    1. need to rebuild all xorg drivers
    2. problems with hal
  • jozeejozee May 2010
    devl547 : Your problem is definitely strange. I think we need to stablize slitaz-toolchain and busybox first. I believe many of the current problems are caused due to this. Xorg1.8 is also very recently released. So, problems are bound to be there.
    xorg fixed by adding "AllowEmptyInput" "false" to xorg.conf
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social