This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Broadcom 4312 wireless not working on Dell Mini 9 (SOLVED)
  • ms3811ms3811 April 2010
    Hello, I am new to Slitaz. Just downloaded and installed 2.6.30.6. Trying to get things working one by one. This issue is about the broadcom 4312 wireless card. I googled this a lot and tried various things. Specifically followed the instructions posted by Jozee helping out another user on a similar issue. I couldnt find the wl driver on the default repository so downloaded and installed the wl driver from Jozee's repository and got as far as getting eth1 up and running. But when I click Wireless Manager or try to connect to a wireless network, the computer simply freezes/hangs with hard power reset as the only option to get it back. Any ideas? Thank you.
    bump
  • jozeejozee April 2010
    broadcom-wl package is in repos. (tazpkg search-pkgname wl.ko)
    download and try "tazhw detect-pci"
    and see if wl is loaded else just add "wl" to rcS.conf LOAD_MODULES. Then, edit /etc/network.conf and reboot.
    Jozee, I was hoping for some positive results but this is incredible! 1 week of poring through countless posts, pages, steps, fixes, packages and then... 3 lines from you and bam --> wireless works!

Now to the next steps, enabling sound, bluetooth tethering and vpn, all I need to be a road warrior :)! Hopefully I can ping you a couple more times if any of the above doesnt work out.

Thanks so much.
    One question with regards to the wireless, tazhw detect-pci returns the following:

> Module in use: snd_hda_intel
    ! Missing module: ssb,
    > Module in use: wl

I removed ssb from LOAD_MODULES at some point trying to fix wireless based on some posts where I read that said ssb interferes with the wl driver. Is that accurate? Should I leave it off? Hopefully that will not affect any other devices such as bluetooth, sound, etc. correct? thanks for the help.
    thanks for the link. sorry to be such a n00b, but I take it I don't need this module, since the only listed devices cover network adapters which is already addressed by wl in my case, correct?
    ok got the sound card working
    the volume is very low, anybody know how to get it up to normal? when I had pclinuxos running on this laptop, the volumes at max were too loud for a room. right now its good enough for the person one the laptop, the guy sitting next to me cant really hear it well enough. I tried maxing out the various controls in alsamixer without much success. thanks.
  • erniaernia April 2010
    please, may you edit the topic title putting solved into it?
    the thread was about your wireless card.
    if you still have alsa problem you could open a pertinent topic, it will be more likely that you receive an aid and the forum will be more readable.
    i can't help you about alsa, sorry.
    ernia, sorry about that. I will fix the topic title.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social