This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

how to install adobe flash on firefox?
  • gabakgabak March 2010
    i want to watch some youtube videos so it say an error when i try to install the adobe flash that pop up on the firefox screen
  • RuppRupp March 2010
    from terminal
    tazpkg get-install get-flash-plugin --forced

I only used the --forced command because some have trouble with installing it sometimes.

Rupp
  • maxxmaxx March 2010
    or manually install the flashplugin by downloading the source from adobe website (tried on Slackware, haven't tried yet on SliTaz)
  • erniaernia March 2010
    the easiest way is:
    tazpkg get-install get-flash-plugin  && get-flash-plugin

the get-flash-plugin creates a pseudo-package that get installed by the script itself, so you can manage flash-plugin through tazpkg without having in your system files ignored by tazpkg

This wil work for midori too
  • seawolfseawolf March 2010
    NB. the doc page is now correct: http://doc.slitaz.org/en:guides:flash -- I tested Cooking 20100314 (v3 RC) and flash-plugin-10.0.45.2 works perfectly and instantly in Firefox/Shiretoko, Midori & Opera; I tell you this so attention is hopefully given to the docs.
    Thanks.
  • teotl31teotl31 March 2010
    go to macromedia flash and download flash source
    go to home and go to ./mozilla and create folder with the name plugins and copie the source here and thats all!! restart firefox
    the example
    /home/tux/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
  • tikbalangtikbalang June 2010
    thank you.

the above post and this comment worked for me:

http://forum.slitaz.org/index.php/discussion/comment/2667/#Comment_2667

tazpkg and the guide did not.
  • erniaernia October 2010
    i'm in 3.0 and i have the real wget installed. executing get-flash-plugin does not work because the script uses
    wget -s
    and the real wget does not know what
    -s
    means.
    to get the the script to work just replace in /usr/bin/get-flash-plugin every occurence of wget with
    busybox wget

should i put this in the guide or this fix could go in official get-flash-plugin package?
  • ms3811ms3811 October 2010
    for what it's worth, works fine with SeaMonkey as well.
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za October 2010
    @ernia Out of curiosity, why do you use the real wget command? Do you require some flag only avaliable in with it?

Anyway the normal wget does have a flag -S which does the same thing as -s in busybox, but it would probably be better just to replace the -s in the scripts with --spider because this way the normal wget and the busybox function will know what to do respective of which one is being used by the user.
    @Trixar-za
    your solution is better than mine and pretty straitghforward :-)
    i think that as far the real wget in in the repository slitaz's script should handle wget flags in a compatible way.
    i use the real wget because some script (i can't remember which one now, but not necessarily slitaz's script) was using a flag not avalaible in the busybox one.
    @Trixar-za
    the script needing wget was winetricks

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social