This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

X.org & Tcl/tk font size is too big
  • seawolfseawolf November 2009
    Hi --

I'm using Xorg and it seems the fonts are to big by default.
    I have altered the sizes in OpenBox configuration but the majority of the applications using the Tcl/Tk toolkit, such as tazpkgbox, desktopbox, xterm etc., are not affected.

Does anyone know how to change the font size in these apps?

Cheers,
    seawolf
  • slicelslicel November 2009
    Are there font settings in Menu Preferences' Appearance GTK+ too?
    That changes fonts in GTK apps, like pcmanfm (and thus desktop icons), geany etc., but not apps like tazpkgbox which are Tcl/Tk-based. Also, the taskbar font is of a larger size.

As a sidenote, the xterm font is set in ~/.Xdefaults -- I'll put these bits & pieces on a wiki page if it's there.
  • jozeejozee November 2009
    @seawolf: GUIboxes in Slitaz are not TCL/Tk based. They are GTK Dialog based. With GTK Theme change, you can change the look and feel of GUI boxes, e.g., see burnbox in this pic http://people.slitaz.org/~jozee/upyukta_flavor/theme.jpg .

You may also like to check your ~/.gtkrc and see if gtk-font-name="DejaVu Sans 11" is set.. Also you are using Xorg, so may like to check your xorg.conf file.
    My mistake, I don't know why I thought it was so! I changed my own GTK prefs but not root's so when I sudo'ed they were not using my prefs. XTerm's font size was restored by editing .Xdefaults though it still seems that X's default font is about three sizes too big. Living with it until I find a solution.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social