This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Using embedded SliTaz Version for sysloggin
  • MacaoMacao July 2010
    They are everywhere - Linux Newbies like me. But that shouldn't be the topic here.
    I asked the question in the german board, they advised me to ask the question here.

As cunning fox i bought a embedded Alix-Board solution with installed SliTaz to have a sysloggin machine but i found out that SliTaz 'syslogd' cannot handle the 'syslog.conf'

Question: How can I manage it?
    There are messages coming in on port 514 (tcpdump) but are not stored in a .log file. Is there another file to edit like the syslog.conf that i can save those external incoming messages?
    My idea was to 'easily' install syslog-ng or something else like this - than the LinuxNewbie (me) was born and the situation was desperated. A paket from the paketmanager didn't help there is no alternative program and after trying to download syslog-ng it was asking me for the distribution, respectively i got the source code .tar.gz which i had to compile by myself with somethin like ./configure or ./install - no way - not a bit :-(

May someone has an idea?

Many thanks in advance

Macao

PS: I hope my english is fine enough ;)
  • MacaoMacao July 2010
    Please guys ...
  • deadwaitdeadwait December 2010
    hi , are u still looking for a package for syslog-ng?, im trying to download the syslog-ng source but git doesnt seem to be working , can you tell me where you found the tar.gz source.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social