This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

vlc does not work in slitaz cooking
  • parabolica0701parabolica0701 November 2009
    Hi
    After installing vlc from mirror , when trying to run it following error appears:
    vlc: /lib/libc.so.6: versio `GLIBC_2.8`not found (required by /usr/lib/libvlc.so.2)
    vlc: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.8`not found (required by /usr/lib/libvlccore.so.0)
    My version installed is glibc 2.10 and glibc-base 2.7 but I do not find GLIBC_2.8 in repositories.

Is there any solution for it

Thanks in advance
    Does anybody know how to make vlc work.
  • jozeejozee November 2009
    vlc works for me. Maybe you recharge and upgrade your system.
  • babaorumbabaorum November 2009
    Hi, your problem appears to be quite simple: vlc is needing glibc that you have already installed, but in a different version: 2.8 rather than 2.10.

You just have to "cheat" the system, making a symbolic link name as library file name required by vlc, pointing to the already installed glibc libfile ;-)

su -c 'ln -s /usr/lib/[glibc existing libfile name] /usr/lib/[glibc libfile required by vlc]'

-- Babaorum
  • jozeejozee November 2009
    Another thing : why do you have glibc-base version 2.7 and not 2.10.1? You have not recharged and then updated your system.
    I just downloaded slitaz-cooking DVD with packages , So I installed from DVD because my wirelees internet ipw2200 was not recognized by slitaz..now I got it , and made an upgrade online and VLC is working properly.
    thank you for all
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social