This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Live cd problem on username and password
  • scottums777scottums777 April 2010
    Wow i cant run the live cd on my compaq laptop... it asks for user name and password... tried root and root, root no password. Everything I know to do. Cd loads and stops at this point and I cant sign in on the live cd. The same cd works on my desktop and I even installed it to HD. Never did ask for user name and password on the desktop live boot.... just worked on that perfect??? Any one know why and what to do?????? help
  • slicelslicel April 2010
    I thought it was tux and tux.
  • seawolfseawolf April 2010
    On a hard-disk install, you may have luck editing the boot-loader line and appending 'autologin' to the second line.

My tux had no password., root was indeed 'root'.
  • kultexkultex April 2010
    this happens when X cannot be started as user tux, it falls back to slim -
    first try the xvesa.iso http://mirror.slitaz.org/iso/3.0/flavors/slitaz-3.0-xvesa.iso
    second can you give more information to the compaq laptop (processor, grafik, ram ...)
  • scottums777scottums777 April 2010
    Thanks Kultex... just need one that has firefox if ya know which one.
  • kultexkultex April 2010
    firefox is only on the firefox.iso, but I think the first priority is, that it boots into X
  • slicelslicel April 2010
    When newly created users could not login, it was because their home lacked xauthority or other files.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social