This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

No taskbar / Yes taskbar
  • Tom2010Tom2010 April 2010
    Old Dell Latitude: 254MB memory, 30GB HDD. Ethernet Cat5 to Nic. PS2 mouse.

I thought I'd just post this to help any Linux Newbies like me. I've install Slitaz on my Dell laptop. I first installed the Stable-version but did not get the resolution option during boot. It ran and installed but I had a black border around the screen, the resolution not filling the full screen. I then clicked on the 'LiveCD to taste' link one the download page and downloaded the slitaz-3.0-xvesa.iso. This gave me the resolution option and fills my screen 1024x768.

My main point in posting this is I've found that if I start the laptop with my power lead plugged in, the system does boot OK but does not show the taskbar. All I need do is make sure the power lead is unplugged when I switch on. I did find a solution on the forum which suggested this saying "remove the battery plugin" but being a bit dense I thought it meant the software plugin of the taskbar GUI showing the battery content. It was hours before I realized I actually had to just pull out the power lead. Well, I am 60.

Thank you all on the Forum.

Tom
  • slicelslicel April 2010
    If ever without the taskbar, right-click on the desktop to open a terminal and enter lxpanel (I forget if you have to login as root first).
  • sanekssaneks April 2010
    sometimes my slitaz hangs for several to me unknown reasons.. this is what I usually do..

can't click nor open anything - ctrl+alt+backspace, you see text environment. use your login again and type "startx"

no panel - ^ see above

midori crash (full cpu load) - open terminal,killall midori
  • RuppRupp April 2010
    http://openbox.org/wiki/Help:Upgrading_to_3.4#Combined_client_list_menu

I use tint2 but I hardly click on anything on it. I have the link above assigned to my menu key. I shows all windows you have open on all desktops. Pretty near for openbox.

Rupp

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social