This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

How to make TAZPKG File
  • maxxmaxx March 2010
    Is there any available tutorial on how to make or generate .tazpkg installation file? We have SlackBuild for slackware to build .tgz installation file. I wish I can compile and package a software on my own as I always do with SlackBuild.

Regards,
    Maxx
  • damhyojungdamhyojung March 2010
    look at this command:
    tazpkg convert Convert a deb/rpm/tgz/arch package to a slitaz (.tazpkg).
    example:
    tazpkg convert linuxskype.deb
  • maxxmaxx March 2010
    Thanks bro damhyojung... So, it's just about converting the software? Does SliTaz have it's own compiling and packaging system rather than converting?
  • RuppRupp March 2010
    maxx you would have to make a receipt or use tazarch. Tazarch uses the pkgbuild from arch builds and makes tazpkg but I haven't been so lucky with them. I suck at editting receipts lol

I just went and installed arch's pacman(package manager) in slitaz. I can install the packages straight from pacman or convert them. I usually convert them to tazpkg then install them. I only do that because tazpkg doesn't recognize an arch package when updating and vice versa. Arch's packages seem to convert easier then deb or rpm.

One more thing I noticed about slitaz. It lacks a lot of apps in it's repo but what is does have are libs and dependencies and only a few times did I convert and arch package and tazpkg didn't install all the deps needed unless I was experimenting with kde or gnome related stuff.

Rupp
  • maxxmaxx March 2010
    Thank you Rupp, at least I know the simplest way to make tazpkg. I'll learn more about this before I convert my Slackware Desktop into SliTaz (have been with my EEEPC 701 with SliTaz, previous OS was Ylmf)
  • erniaernia March 2010
    This should answer your question, i have not read it yet :
    http://www.slitaz.org/en/doc/cookbook/index.html
  • maxxmaxx March 2010
    I have tried converting .deb file into tazpkg. It installs is sucessful but the program does not work. I try on GopenVPN...
  • CyberbreeCyberbree March 2010
    Can any of your guys tell me how to install pacman on slitaz? I already get the message that libfetch is missing and would really like to know how to get and install libfetch or bypass the dependency if possible. Ah, and guys: I am a noob so i simple instruction is appreciated :-)
    Can any of your guys tell me how to install pacman on slitaz? I already get the message that libfetch is missing and would really like to know how to get and install libfetch or bypass the dependency if possible. Ah, and guys: I am a noob so i simple instruction is appreciated :-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social