This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

it's just 1.8 GB HELP PLEASE
  • xanxan January 2010
    hi every 1 i'm a new slitaz USR and this is the first time i use linux ==} i forget the virus LOL

however a got a litil troble it's the size of any floder JUST 1.8 GB !!{{ i'm really really need more than 5 GB , i try to fix it but it dosn't work. the partition size is 20 GB used 596.09 MiB unused 14.44 GiB . flags nothing. file system ext3

so plz slitaz USRS hlp me to make the size 5GB

and i'm so so so sorry about my BaD English
  • sanekssaneks January 2010
    maybe it's because slitaz is running in RAM when you run it live. could it be your computer just has 2GB ram? you might install it to HD., but I don't know, cause I use it also in RAM only.

But I think you can mount your harddrive in the filemanager and just save the files you need to your harddisk?
  • sanekssaneks January 2010
    (double post)
  • babaorumbabaorum January 2010
    Hi,

Nope 2 Gb of RAM memory is plenty enough to run SliTaz in memory as a Live CD, even with lots of additional software installed later.

I am sorry, I cannot help anymore, I don't understand the rest of the post. :-\
    To be more precise:

- why do you need folders more that 5 Gb in size ?

- do you intend to make a new partition for SliTaz installation, from the free space of this 20 Gb existing partition ?

- what is the filesystem format of this existing partition: NTFS ? FAT16/32 ? ext2/3 ? another one ? (FAT may be a limitation for total size of file/folder >2Gb, but not sure...)

- what type of data is on this existing partition: operating system ? (which one), personal/user data ? Both ?

Sincerely,

-- Babaorum
  • xanxan January 2010
    - why do you need folders more that 5 Gb in size ?
    cuz i want to download a game and size of the game 3 GB

- do you intend to make a new partition for SliTaz installation, from the free space of this 20 Gb existing partition ?
    i'm allready did on partition /dev/sda3 filesystem ext3

mount point /media/disk size 20gb used 569.9mb unused 19.44 gb

- what is the filesystem format of this existing partition: NTFS ? FAT16/32 ? ext2/3 ? another one ? (FAT may be a limitation for total size of file/folder >2Gb, but not sure...)
    ext3

- what type of data is on this existing partition: operating system ? (which one), personal/user data ? Both ?

operating system slitaz

my RAM 2 GB bus speed 667MHz
  • babaorumbabaorum January 2010
    Hmmm,

Sorry I cannot figure out why this limitation exists.
    Is there any error message at command line, if you try to copy some files for a total larger than 1.8 Gb in a folder ?

This kind of command:
    cp [SourceFolderWithMoreThan1.8GbData/] [DestinationFolder/]

Not sure of what I wonder to happen but let's try something...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social