This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

problem with SLiTaz iso from home page download
  • ianian January 2010
    i have used a few types of linux over the past few years and decided i needed something smaller then Puppy and DSL so i looked around and this is what i found, so i went to www.slitaz.org and downloaded a ISO file and threw it on disk it booted pretty quick i liked the way it looked but every time i tryed to install it to anything it works until it starts to copy the files to the partition then it says (input/output error) it continues to say that the install was ok and when you boot all you get is a (GRUB error 15) so i downloaded a 2nd one the same so i had a friend do one at his house on his hp and still nothing i dont think it is a problem on my end
    can anyone help? i would like to be able to use this if i could just get it to work.
  • ianian January 2010
    ok so i think it is a problem with GRUB but am not sure i have been through a bunch of distros and have found no problems with the hard or soft ware here
    i am still lost if you can help hit me up
    iangreenleaf@yahoo.com
  • danieldaniel January 2010
    im no expert with slitaz, but are you logged in as root when you run the installer?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social