This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

How do I install google chrome?
  • eldergeekeldergeek December 2009
    My wife wants me to install Slitaz stable (2.0) on her 500 MHz IBM laptop but only if I can also install google chrome (she's into 'cloud computing' and loves chrome/chromium). I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do that. Can someone explain it for me please? Thanks.
  • jeanjean December 2009
    I eldergeek

Just log as root, and go to you slitaz packages manager. you will find a get google chrome. I try to install on my pc every things is right, but when i 'vr clikerd on chrome icon, nothing append...:-(
  • deadwaitdeadwait December 2009
    it seems to be missing a libnss3.so something something, will need to check that out
    it seems to be missing a libnss3.so something something, will need to check that out
    sorry for the triple posts
  • jeanjean December 2009
    I eldergeek

Just log as root, and go to you slitaz packages manager. you will find a get google chrome. I try to install on my pc every things is right, but when i 'vr clikerd on chrome icon, nothing append
  • eldergeekeldergeek December 2009
    Google Chrome is in the cooking package repository but not in the stable (2.0) package repo. I tried installing cooking on the machine and then installing Chrome but I got the same result that jean did; nothing happened when I clicked on the icon. Because I prefer to stay with a stable release I reinstalled 2.0 but I'd still like to be able to install Chrome on it. Also, I can't get youtube videos to play. I got jre from the repo but couldn't figure out how to click to accept the terms when it was installed and I still can't view youtube videos so I'm not sure whether it's running or not.
  • cavalier911cavalier911 January 2010
    This issue was discussed here:

http://forum.slitaz.org/index.php/discussion/comment/1344/#Comment_1344

I'm running cooking, hard drive install with grub boot loader.

I followed merlins info for installing flash then changed /home/tux/.config/openbox/menu.xml google-chrome entry to chrome.

Adobe flash is what you need for youtube video, no java is necessary.

Flash is CPU hog, htop indicates a minimum of 70% load.

One gigahertz amd with 1.5 gigs of ram and it plays youtube ok, not super smooth,doubt 500 MHz is going to work.
  • seawolfseawolf January 2010
    To obtain libnss3, search the package repository:

tazpkg search-file libnss3.so.0

or use the web interface at:

http://pkgs.slitaz.org/

and install the necessary package. It may ony be available in Cooking, though, but i imagine SliTaz 3 will have it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social