This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Help!Having lots of problems in slitaz
  • tantriktantrik December 2009
    Hello friends,

I am new to slitaz. I just installed slitaz on my usb and there are lots of things I am not understanding. I tried to connect to internet using 'pppoe-setup' command on console but it asks to go for 'root' first. I don't know how to use console as 'root'. What is the command for using console as 'root'. Before I can make any changes in system it asks for 'root' password. What is the 'root' password? How do I use any program or software on slitaz as 'root'? Also how I save changes (i.e., persistence) to slitaz on my usb or on my hard disk?

Please, give me some suggestions regarding the above confusions. I am seriously having trouble using slitaz. I really like to use and work with slitaz but the above problems are giving me pain.

Thanks in advance.

• seawolfseawolf December 2009
    Tantrik --

Access to the root user can be obtain in the console by typing:

su root

with the password:

root

Moreover, you can log-in as root user with this password when you log out of the normal user.

Cheers.
  • cavalier911cavalier911 December 2009
    hello,
    To become root
    In xterm type suenter
    Password:rootenter

Info is in the slitaz handbook
    http://www.slitaz.org/en/doc/
    Read System/LiveUSB media/Maintaining System
    Settings in handbook for persistence.
  • haseebmrnhaseebmrn December 2009
    im new to the siltaz can someone help me how i can downalod and run java realy need help ..... on jdk
    im new to the siltaz can someone help me how i can downalod and run java realy need help ..... on jdk mnay thanks
    im new to the siltaz can someone help me how i can downalod and run java realy need help ..... on jdk mnay thanks

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social