This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Caps Lock key sort of sticks
  • vinylvinyl December 2009
    Here's one y'all won't know, but I'ma axe it anyway. I don't even know if it's an issue with SliTaz or the keyboard itself, but, hey, somebody might know/figure it out.

Caps Lock, when activated, won't turn off upon the next pressing of the key. First of all, pressing Caps Lock illuminates the Scroll Lock indicator on the keyboard as well; the subsequent keypress does nothing; the next turns off Scroll Lock, while leaving Caps Lock lit; and, finally, pressing it a fourth time returns the keyboard to its original state. Hm, and the Scroll Lock button appears to light nothing. I was hesitant to ask this at first, because I thought it was just a jenky old keyboard with a non-responsive key, but the patternedness to this leads me to believe it's not just Caps Lock sticking - it's more than an issue of just having to punch the thing a few times to get it to work.
  • sporkspork December 2009
    Yes, this is a problem with XVesa that affected Slitaz for a long time. I couldn't find any other fix than replacing it with Xorg - but be careful, I lost all my ttys (except for tty7)!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social