This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

tazpkg not removing packages
  • vinylvinyl December 2009
    I've, afaik, removed Ghost in the Mail from the Package Manager, and the Package Manager says it's not installed, giving me the option to instal it, but it is still visible in the panel menu and still opens! How do I get rid of gitmail?
  • cavalier911cavalier911 December 2009
    tazpkg remove gitmail
    /usr/bin/gitmail and /usr/share/applications/gitmail.desktop are gone.
    tazpkg get-install gitmail
    /usr/bin/gitmail and /usr/share/applications/gitmail.desktop are back

You got a problem between the monitor and keyboard ;))
    PEBKAC!

Already chose "Remove" from the GUI pkg manager. That option is no longer available.

When I try it from tazpkg, it gives megitmail is not installed.

So, don't know how to help you, there, buddy.
    Same thing with a few other programmes. tazpkg is not removing packages.
  • babaorumbabaorum December 2009
    Hi, Vinyl

Give a look at this directory: /usr/share/applications .

It contains every *.desktop file that is used to build entries of your SliTaz menu. Just delete (or backup if you prefer) the one named as the program that did not get removed correctly and the menu entry will disappear (now or at next reboot, I cannot remember).

It will temporarily solve your problem but this is not *a definitive solution* to this bug in tazpkg. This bug does not exist for me, with a SliTaz 2.0 stable.
    I cannot tell you more...

You may want to make this automatic, with a simple shell script:
    #!/bin/sh
    if [ $(id -u) -ne 0 ]; then
    echo "Must be root to run this script" >&2
    exit
    elif [ -n "$1" ]; then
    tazpkg remove $1
    [ -f /usr/share/applications/${1}.desktop ] && rm -f /usr/share/applications/${1}.desktop
    fi

(you could name it "remove-pkg-forced.sh" or something like this)

-- Babaorum
  • cavalier911cavalier911 December 2009
    I believe the problem is here http://labs.slitaz.org/issues/show/56 You likely have tazpkg 2.6.1 , stable tazpkg dbase has 2.8.1, cooking 3.1. Broken packages aren't always updated with fixed in stable 2.0.iso and the tazpkg repositorys. I'm using stable 2.0 and couldn't get mpg123 1.7.2 to work. I decided to check slitaz labs issue tracker and sure enough it had been fixed in june.The fixed package mpg123 1.8.0 is only on cooking, the broken one remains on stable. Maybe a SliTaz team member will read this and remove the broken pkg.
  • LineaLinea December 2009
    Hi cavalier911

I've updated the stable package: http://hg.slitaz.org/wok-stable/rev/aeffb44a3705

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social