This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Cannot move files from Desktop/ to ~
  • vinylvinyl December 2009
    Firefox, of course, is set by default to download files to the desktop - when I try to drag these from there to the "My Documents" folder, an "Error" dialogue box pops up and says No such file or directory. Cutting/pasting within the file manager seems to work, but on the desktop, it won't let me. What is going on?
  • babaorumbabaorum December 2009
    Hi, what is the command-line returning if you type:
    ls -l ~
    in your favorite terminal to check the detailed user permissions on this directory ?

-- Babaorum
    urgh. It's not my favourite terminal, but xterm's what we've got.

drwxr-xr-x 2 tux tux for Desktop/ and -rw-r--r-- 1 tux tux on the file I'm trying to move from it to tux/. drwxr-xr-x 26 tux tux on the ~ folder itself, if you care
  • cavalier911cavalier911 December 2009
    This might be a limitation of the way openbox is setup on SliTaz.I can't drag and drop a desktop file into a desktop folder without the source/destination same file error . I copy,cut,and paste using the right click context menu. Another option is to click the desktop folder which launches folder open in pcmanfm and drag the desktop file into that but it's always a move/ cut operation.

The name "My Documents" doesn't make sense when it opens /home/~ If anyone knows how to change that icon so it doesn't say My Documents please reply.
  • babaorumbabaorum December 2009
    Hmm... kind of really strange thing, I cannot find any explanation for this.
    In fact your directories permissions seem perfectly right !
    Write access is on, nothing else cares here.

But you should try to give a write permission to your file too. I'm not sure of my fact, but let's give it a try.
    Nope

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social