This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

firefox hangs pc, if iptables is installed
  • deadwaitdeadwait December 2009
    if i install iptables which brings along linux-netfilter and then open up firefox, the laptop completely hangs
    and the same behaviour continues until i uninstall both.
    anyone else having the same issue?
  • PayoonPayoon December 2009
    I have a similar experience ( both with cooking 2.0 and 3.0). I installed iptables then in /etc/firewall.conf in change from IPTABLES_RULES="no" to IPTABLES_RULES="yes". Then reboot and then I can't open any website because the traffic is blocked somehow (but hte PC doesn't hang). After turning everything back web is possible. I have posted in the old forum, but nobody seemed to know a way to solve it.
    Klaus
  • deadwaitdeadwait December 2009
    are you having acer aspire one by any chance, just on a tangent , im thinking if this is related with the Atheros lan card driver issue, because i had a tough time getting it to work, and it finally did only after jozee provided the latest driver.
  • PayoonPayoon December 2009
    I have nvidia mcp61 ethernet on a desktop amd64 x2 and I have tested at least 10 times to get iptables firewall working, but without any success. As soon as I change to IPTABLES_RULES="yes" the browser doesn't open any page for me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social