This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Firefox 4 Upgrade package for SliTaz 3 and cooking
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za March 2011
    Hey all, Firefox 4 got officially released yesterday and I upgraded a few hours ago. I figured out a method to get it to run and built a package using the same trick. You can grab it here: http://www.box.net/shared/j9kcfueb9a - you can install it the normal way by using tazpkg install firefox-4.0.tazpkg

Now a few things. I haven't tested this on a clean system and it may be missing one or two dependencies. I also intially used it to upgrade my system to the new firefox, which might mean you need to have a working copy of Firefox before installing this package. Also I will not fix it if it's broken. I'm sorry, but it's an 11.2MB upload every time and it takes a while on my connection.

Anyway, now you all can finally be smug towards other distros for a while...
  • occipital995occipital995 March 2011
    Little trick I found, necessity being mother of invention etc.
    Just download & extract Fox.
    Click on shell script icon & it runs.

I'm not a coder so can't say why it works, just does (also in Puppy).
    Now if could find a way to link a desktop shortcut to it...    :-)

• Trixar_zaTrixar_za March 2011
    That's exactly what the above does. It just places Firefox so it can be used system wide and creates the icon for it. It's better than having Firefox just running from somewhere in your home folder :|

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social