This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Main site down?
  • edvardedvard March 2011
    I can't get to the main site at http://www.slitaz.org
    and it's not just me:
    http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/slitaz.org
    Which is weird because the forums, labs and everything else still comes up.
    What's going on, folks?

• Trixar_zaTrixar_za March 2011
    The forum and labs are provided by different hosts. Seems all the sites hosted by Tank (the server's name) is down. It hosts docs, scn and www. It should be back up later to day though.
  • DarjeelingDarjeeling March 2011
    Not only Tank (and everything associated with it) is down but someone has also again been tinkering with the forum and as before ... when using Opera or Midori, the page is being constantly reloaded, the CPU fan goes into overdrive and both browsers first freeze and then bomb-out completely. I had to install Firefox to file this complaint ... and this time it is a complaint, not just a friendly reminder! Why can't people leave bloody well alone? Why this constant tinkering? If things that affect many people really have to be changed, why can't the maintainers be bothered to run a few simple tests before they implement their changes? Really, sometimes I'm wondering ...

• Trixar_zaTrixar_za March 2011
    What I read from the mailing list, one of the admin tried to use a new layout, but for some reason it defaulted to the new and broken SliTaz layout. Now no matter what they try, they can't reselect the default Vanilla layout. Hence we're stuck with the layout as it is for the moment. Hopefully this will be resolved and fixed soon.
  • panksopankso March 2011
    Hi,
    Tank is running again, I dont realy know what happened but I had to reboot the server.

@Darjeeling We working on vanilla theme and testing it here in production.
  • DarjeelingDarjeeling March 2011

Sorry, if I sounded rude in my earlier posting. I was a little, err ... miffed when I wrote that. I had spent quite a bit of time today re-arranging and updating my bookmarks but lost all the changes when Opera crashed on the forum page. I'm glad the old forum is back now ... old is always the best. Wow! Did I just say that?

• edvardedvard March 2011
    Awesome!
    I was recommending Slitaz to a few people and held off until everything cleared up.
    Good to see everything back in order.

Big thanks to all admins and whosits and whatnots... you know who you are. ;)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged

SliTaz Social