This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Which user is logged in?
  • Hi! Is there a command in slitaz to know which user is currently logged in? The "who" command doesn't seem to display anything except perhaps this: "USER TTY IDLE TIME HOST"..

Thanks!
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za March 2011
    who seems to work well on my installed copy of stable, but you could always just use the $USER variable to show you the current user.

EX:
    brenton@trixarian:~$ echo $USER
    brenton

The default user of the LiveCD is tux with the user password of tux in case you were wondering :P (The root user is root and the password is root)
  • What about the command:
    #whoami

There's that one too - man, I can't remember commands at 4am hey :P
  • ms3811ms3811 March 2011
    Funny, who on cooking with the latest upgrades (2.6.37) returns nothing. Although whoami works fine.
  • moulefritemoulefrite March 2011

I just learnt that Slitaz use a kind of lite BASH : BusyBox ? That <why u don't have your "who" doen't works , maybe ..
    Busybox isn't just a light bash. Yes, it has a light shell named ash, but it also includes several common commands and functions, all be it somewhat stripped down versions of them, into a single binary. It's also way smaller.

You might also be correct on the fact that who is broken in that version of busybox though. But just a side note, but bash without it's commands (which are provided seperately and by many binaries) can't do much, if anything. It's only by combining the commands and the shell that you get bash that works like it does. Same with DOS and all it's commands. Without them, it doesn't work every well either.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged

SliTaz Social