This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Most expedient way to instal dev packages and libraries
  • slitazmslitazm January 2011
    Hi--Searched the discussion and did not see an answer anywhere.  I am generating packages using tazwok cook and it has been tedious to iteratively see what development libraries are missing from my current flavor and then doing a tazpkg get-install to d/l and install the appropriate libraries to get tazwok to compile.  

Is there an easier way to install a suitable development environment on my slitaz distro so taxwok does not error out as often.

Thanks,

M
  • mojomojo January 2011
    When you cook a package from slitaz wok, wok-stable,or wok-undigest tazwok should automatically check for then get-install any missing build depends prior to compile.

• slitazmslitazm January 2011
    I guess I have a few newbie questions then.

When I ran tazwok cook package, it gave me compiling error messages. After I downloaded tool-chain manually using tazpkg, I still got an compile message for glibc.  I then tazpkg glibc, installed, and the package cooked fine.

1. So why did it not automatically get glibc

2.  Why cannot I do a get-install for a particular glibc ilbrary. Ironically, I cannot call out the specific package. I have to do a general tazpkg get-install glibc rather than a tazpkg get-install glibc-base-2.11.2. It says that the file does not exist.

Thanks for your help!

M
  • GokhlayehGokhlayeh January 2011
    Hi,

The lasts versions of tazpkg on cooking allow you to ask for a partial or precise version number using get-install - if this version exists on mirror, obviously.

The build_depends problem is a well-know one. On our build server, packages are cooked on a full chroot (near all SliTaz packages are installed on), so build_depends wasn't a priority during 3.0 development - the focus was putted on fixing all depends with various automated tools.

Godane and me prefer minimal chroot for various reason. Soon after 3.0 release, missing build_depend was near systematic, and now it's a lot better as Godane has done a huge work at this level - it's not perfect but a lot better.

Obviously, you need a toolchain, that's why the meta-package slitaz-toolchain exists ;)

On SliTaz cooking, since few days, you can use tazwok-experimental instead of tazwok, it brings a lot of improvement and of bugs :) One of them is a better handle of build-depends to make cooking in minimal chroot more pleasant.

If you want to try it, install it and also get-install tazchroot. tazwok-experimental expect a build environment at /home/slitaz/something, containing at least a wok - that's no more /home/slitaz/wok.
    The tool is not well documented and susceptible to evolve, even if it's less chaotic than few weeks/monthes ago. There's some information about how-to create a wok experimental which's better adapted to this tool :
    http://doc.slitaz.org/en:devnotes:prepare-experimental
    And a how-to to cook wok a flavor from scratch:
    http://doc.slitaz.org/en:devnotes:cook-flavor-from-scratch

But, please don't jump into that if you didn't acknowledge you with the very famous cookbook :
    http://doc.slitaz.org/en:cookbook:start
  • mojomojo January 2011
    What program on which wok were you trying to cook when it didn't auto get-install glibc so compile failed ?

First search for what you want without version,it will show whats installed,whats available.
    tux@slitaz:~$ tazpkg search glibc

Search result for : glibc

Installed packages
    ================================================================================
    glibc-base              2.10.1            base-system
    glibc-extra-samba       2.10.1            base-system
    glibc-locale            2.10.1            system-tools
    ================================================================================
    3 installed package(s) found for : glibc

Available packages name-version
    glibc-2.10.1
    glibc-base-2.10.1
    glibc-dev-2.10.1
    glibc-extra-samba-2.10.1
    glibc-locale-2.10.1
    5 available package(s) found for : glibc

The version of the software is set by the repository, get-install without the version number.
    I have no wok setup on this computer or I would have glibc-dev installed.
    If I wanted to install: tazpkg install glibc-dev
    Only use full tazpkg name if your doing an install of a tazpkg you've already got.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social