This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

résolution écran
  • ChristopheChristophe January 2011
    I thought I would not have to handle screen resolution again but.....

with latest cooking, i have a 1366*768 screen on a dell vostro 13, recognised as a 1024x768 screen (but using all screen space so that this is slightly enlarged)
    any way to get the correct resolution ?

The chipset is said to be an "intel mobile 4 series chipset integrated graphics controller"
    And the wifi does not work (intel corporation wifi link  5100)

I have had a similar problem on another (atom based) computer the screen is 1466x900 (i think) but it is recognised as a 1280x1024 screen....

Thanks

• GokhlayehGokhlayeh January 2011
    Hi,

Is xorg-xf86-video-intel installed before boot time ?
    Have you used xrandr or lxrandr to check if higher resolutions are avalaible ?
    The files /var/log/xorg.*.log can be usefull to understand what happens.
    it is and it still does not work
    the file is here http://dl.free.fr/c1HwGLvq9
    can you check it and tell me what you think ?

lxrandr offers only 1024*768 or 800x600

I am also having a problem with the touchpad on one machine (a sony vaio with a 10" screen, atom-based). The touchpad works in that the arrow is moving with the finger, however as soon as I release the finger, the arrow disappears and jumps to the upper right or lower left corner... :(
    Hi,

you're log let me think that you don't use an up-to-date slitaz cooking; so intel_dri.so is not loaded. It can be the source of you're problem.

About touchpad, you may try the driver xorg-xf86-input-synaptics.
    changed. Same problem.
    Installed the synaptics driver but it does not workeither

the var log is here http://dl.free.fr/taentPVMz
    any idea ?
    We are updating linux & xorg, I will tell you when update is done for new test.

You're log give some hints, by example intel driver doesn't seems to be used at all. I guess that, in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/60-Device.conf you have Driver "Vesa"; also, Xorg acts as you don't have the synaptics driver.

Can you send you're /etc/X11/xorg.conf for a check (it should be empty, or just comments) ?

When the update will be pushed on the mirror, I'm pretty sure that an upgrade + a tazx config-xorg will do the job.
    The new packages are available.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social