This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Ar8132 driver for acer aspire one D250
  • deadwaitdeadwait December 2009
    hi guys,
    just brought a new acer aspire one D250, which on winxp when i check shows the driver to be atheros ar8132 driver,
    i could have sworn once i finished installing slitaz and did a ifconfig i saw eth0 available, after which the laptop hanged, which is something i have never seen in slitaz, now after that the laptop refuses to show a eth0, i checked on the net and tried options of modprobing atl1c and atl1e but even after that ifconfig eth0 up doesnt work,
    how do i get this network card to get working on slitaz.
    any other acer aspire one users here on the forum?
    shutdown the laptop, waited for some time and then it boots up again showing eth0 , but
    the loaded module autmatically by slitaz is atl1c , but the moment i attach the cable the laptop hangs, im going crazy here, having no cdrom sucks, whenever i install from from the usd to the harddisk , grub keeps giving error 17
    if i dont attach network cable and start , it starts now, then i rmmod ath9k and mac80211
    and then attach the cable laptop doesnt hang, but no network connectivity is possible, cant ping anything.
    no modules except sound loaded , modprobe atl1c ifconfig a ip address , nothing works,
    rmmod atl1c , then modprobe it again, ifconfig an address then it starts.
    right now working , but this seems to be very weird behaviour.
  • jozeejozee December 2009
    seems like every linux distribution is having the same problem with this driver. You need the latest experimental atheros driver for this chipset. I have packaged it for you: http://people.slitaz.org/~jozee/packages/atl1e-v1.0.0.11-test_2.6.30.6.tazpkg

Hope its fine now.
    thanx man, im going to check it out right away
    @jozee, awesome thanks a lot, it works great now.
  • ms3811ms3811 August 2010
    Would anyone know if this package will also work for the AR2425 chipset?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social