This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Problem compiling xorg-xf86-input-evtouch : missing xf86Version.h (egalax touch screen)
  • napo7napo7 December 2010
    Hi

I'm trying to compile a touch screen driver (egalax), and I'm having trouble, since the xf86 input driver cannot find "xf86Version.h" while compiling...
    I've tried also with the package xorg-xf86-input-evtouch from the wok, but it fails with the same error...

So I'm asking a question : where can I find this file (xf86Version.h), since it seems that it should be included in the xorg-server package, but it is not !!

Thanks for your help :)
  • erniaernia December 2010
    if you can wait a little i will give a package for evtouch (which i built but have not been able to use with my screen. to build it you need some patch that i shamelessly stolen from archlinux aur) and one for the official eeti driver which i got working right now in a samsung q1 ultra.
    output of lsusb of your device?
    the egalax driver i'm using is prebuilt from eeti, it's on archlinux aur too.
    are you on 3.0 or cooking?
    I'm on a cooking, kernel 2.6.34 I think.

I don't need the evtouch driver, but the driver i'm trying to compile seems to be a copy of an egalax driver...
    I managed to compile tkusb.ko, some of the diag tools (4pcal, 25pcal), but the brick I'm missing to make everything work is the xorg input driver :)

Here is the output of lsusb :

Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0eef:0001 D-WAV Scientific Co., Ltd eGalax TouchScreen

I haven't searched for an egalax driver, but if you have one compiled which works on slitaz, I'm ok :)
    it's the same device i have, it's not usbhid compatible so you will need tkusb.ko.
    uninstall (if you did install it) linux-input-touchscreen.
    if you are on cooking you should have 2.6.36, you better upgrade before to do this or you will need to rebuild the module when you upgrade. this is the tkusb.ko module compiled against the current 2.6.36 kernel: http://dump.no/files/e80c8fea62aa/tkusb.ko
    copy tkusb.ko in /lib/modules/2.6.36-slitaz/kernel/drivers/misc/ then depmod -a
    put this http://dump.no/files/e80c8fea62aa/egalax_drv.so in /usr/lib/X11/modules/input/ , edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf like this
    Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier "X.org Configured"
    Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
    InputDevice "EETI" "SendCoreEvents"
    EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "EETI"
    Driver "egalax"
    Option "Device" "/dev/tkpanel0"
    Option "ScreenNo" "0"
    EndSection
    , move /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-ServerLayout.conf to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-ServerLayout.conf.bkp and edit /boot/grub/menu.lst to have usbhid.quirks=0x0eef:0x0001:0x4 in the kernel row, e.g.
    kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.36-slitaz root=/dev/hda2  usbhid.quirks=0x0eef:0x0001:0x4
    to avoid that the builtin usbhid kernel driver take control of the touchscreen in place of the tkusb module.
    put tkusb in the LOADMODULES row in /etc/rcS.conf and reboot.
    touchscreen should work, you can use tools to calibrate it.
    Since I'm yet in 2.6.34, and my "touch" machine is different from my cooking machine, I'd like to avoid to change the kernel : I'm booting from network, and have many different machines to update...

Will the egalax.so work with 2.6.34 and with my tkusb.ko 2.6.34 ?
    it should.
    the egalax_drv.so i gave you is built for xorg 1.9, so if you have xorg 1.9 you can use it, if you have a previous version of xorg use the suitable egalax_drv.so that you can find in the official driver tarball.
    Hi

I did upgraded to 2.6.36, and then used the modules you gave

All works fine ;)

Thanks for your help !
    Hi

I did upgraded to 2.6.36, and then used the modules you gave

All works fine ;)

Thanks for your help !
    happy to hear that :-)
    please, rename the topic title to something more egalax related and put SOLVED in it, so other user with egalax touchscreen can find it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social