This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Unable to make audio cd with Burnbox
  • sli083sli083 November 2010
    I have used Burnbox to make images from iso files, but I have not been able to make audio cds with Burnbox. I have visited the Burnbox Manual, and installed the ffmpeg file to allow burning of audio cds, but there is no hard drive activity on my computer when I hit the "Add" button to change the file to the wav format. I have an Audio CD folder in my tmp folder, but it is empty. Is there another Audio CD creator in the SliTaz Package Manager that I have over looked, or is there additional software to install to get Burnbox to work?

Thanks for any suggestions.
    John
  • kultexkultex November 2010
    se most anoing bugs in the guides - otherwhise you can use graveman
  • babaorumbabaorum November 2010
    Hi,
    burnbox has been a real mystery for me too. I tried to make it use another temporary directory than /tmp (my system partition is almost full), but it does not want to, whenever I try to add a directory... while it really copies single files in the new designated temporary directory...

I've finally installed graveman too, that works well as far as I've used it.

--Babaorum
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za November 2010
    The problem, as kultex mentioned, was that you need to be root for burnbox to work properly... it's a bug in stable :/
  • babaorumbabaorum December 2010
    There is a trick : allow CDROM partition or device (I cannot remember) to be accessible to all users in read+write mode. And as it, it works... but with the default temporary directory.
    If you change it, it does not work anymore, even if you extend the user permissions of this new temporary directory to all in all modes.

A real mystery unless I get the point in the source code...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social