This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

[solved] system time
  • sanekssaneks April 2010
    I think I must be blind. Installed slitaz3 on a (now *very happy*) friends's box yesterday, but I coul nt figure out how to change the system time after install. incontrolbox: no effect (set to CET and hit change, tried both syncing with system time or net.. I always ended up 2 hours early. I need CET (Berlin).

Tried to change it in BIOS,too. No funciona tampoco.
    I reckon this should be very easy. But we could not find it in all the menus.
  • mojomojo April 2010
    If your not booting Windows on the same motherboard,the hardware clock should be set to UTC.

According to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=37 Berlin is currently on CEST which is UTC + 2 hours

Open terminal
    root@slitaz: echo "UTC-2" > /etc/TZ

Logout and in to check time, if correct writefs if not a full install

If you boot into windows on the same hardware it will set the motherboard clock to your local time.

Then
    root@slitaz: echo "UTC" > /etc/TZ
    should get you the correct time in slitaz with windows controlling the hardware clock
  • sanekssaneks May 2010
    no, windows is wiped, I set time for CEST. but I found slitaz gets the right time after shutting down the computer and cold starting again it's good.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social