This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Having network troubles...
  • specs:
    SliTaz Linux kernel version 2.6.30.6
    Pentium MMX 166MHz
    6GB HDD
    32MB RAM
    Intel Corporation 82557/8/9/0/1 Ethernet Pro 100 (rev 02)

Problem:
    Every time I want to try and load up the Internet with it, I type ifconfig, and see just lo. However, inputting ifconfig eth0 gives me all the info about the interface (sans LAN IP, etc). running udhcpc doesn't work, I keep getting SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource Temporarily Unavailble every time.

I just installed Damn Small Linux not too long ago (then switched over to SliTaz, which is what I'm using now), and was able to get Internet off of it, so I know the card works. I did some googling on the Resorce Temporarily Unavailable issue, and apparently this error is due to the plug-n-play setting enabled in the BIOS. I disabled that with no luck, I STILL get this error (and the Internet was working in DSL, even though PnP was enabled). My Ethernet card lights light up, my modem lights up when I plug it in, but it's just not working! Is there some kind of module I have to load, and if so, which one would it be? Thanks for the help.
  • Oh yeah, I'm running the SliTaz base version 3.0. Forgot to mention this, sorry! (I'd use the live CD version, except this computer kept staying at "Loading the Kernel" and kept blinking the cursor.)
  • never mind, the computer is dead now.. D:
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social