This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

No sound on stable Slitaz
  • luvva_cuppaluvva_cuppa March 2010
    I have been trying to get sound to work in "cooking" but without luck. I can live with that for now.

I have also downloaded the stable version but alas again no sound.!The soundcard is detected and I have run soundconf in the terminal. Is there something that I am missing. Should I update my system? I have seen that many of the sound related problems seem to relate to "cooking" but is this true of stable?

When I have sorted sound, then flash plugin is next on the list. Fun times ahead!!!
  • seawolfseawolf March 2010
    Amongst some of the solutions discussed on other threads in the forum, installing the 'linux-sound' package and adding your user to the 'sound' group should allow for this, if you card is detected.

And yes, updating (aka: su - ; tazpkg recharge; tazpkg upgrade) your system is always a good idea :)

HIH
  • Didier_35Didier_35 June 2010
    Hi Seawolf,
    could you explain to a newby how to add one user to the "sound" group ?
    Thanks.
    Didier.
  • seawolfseawolf June 2010
    Sure;

As root:
    addgroup <user> <group>

To paste the addgroup command syntax:
    addgroup - Add a group or add an user to a group
    Usage: addgroup [-g GID] [user_name] group_name

so without a user, it will create the group.

As a side note, a lot of these commands can be found through Internet search engines. By using the command with the "--help" suffix (i.e. addgroup --help), you can make sure it will perform as expected, but BusyBox and similar are designed to be compatible with the usual binary it replaces. You're still more than welcome to ask, though!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social