This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

1024x600 screen resolution - samsung nc10 netbook
  • luvva_cuppaluvva_cuppa March 2010
    How can I get the correct screen resolution (1024x600) for my Samsung nc10 netbook. xrandr currently only shows 800x600.

I also need to get 1280x1024 for my old acer aspire which I have had to resort to xforcevesa using ubuntu based distros.

Slitaz seems a great light-weight distro and a great compliment to my #!crunchbang setup.
  • ariszloariszlo March 2010
    I have EeePC 900 but this should work for Samsung nc10, too. Launch the terminal, become superuser with the su command and install 915resolution:

su
    tazpkg get-install 915resolution

Open /etc/init.d/hwconf.sh with a text editor and add this line before Screen size config for slim/Xvesa:

/usr/bin/915resolution 54 1024 600

Save /etc/init.d/hwconf.sh.

Check "Save filesystem using compression gzip" when rebooting.
  • jozeejozee March 2010
    If on xorg, you can follow this thread on the mailing list
    http://listengine.tuxfamily.org/lists.tuxfamily.org/slitaz/2010/03/msg00008.html
    Thanks for the help.
    I have installed the 915resolution package but am not sure exactly where to place the
    "/usr/bin/915resolution 54 1024 600" line in the hwconf.sh file

Could you be more specific?
  • seawolfseawolf March 2010
    I have a Samsung N130, which also runs at 1024x600. I was trying for 1280x800 but no luck on any distro so I assume the video card doesn't allow it.

I just installed Xorg & 915Resolution, added the 1024x600 mode to the /etc/X11/Xorg.conf file and it worked. The Intel video card was directly supported by the combination.

Are you using XVesa or XOrg?

HIH.
    I have installed both the 915 resolution package and XOrg.
    I have also attempted to generate a new xorg.conf file with the xserver turned off, i.e. using the console. The resulting file is no different from the one automatically generated at boot up. It doesn't actually specify any monitor resolutions to which I could add the new one.
  • seawolfseawolf March 2010
    This is my xorg.conf, perhaps try it as it has the generated resolutions (line 47) and it specified as a mode:
    http://pastebin.com/7DmQezgY

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social