This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Save changes to USB?
  • misterhhmisterhh March 2010
    I followed the instructions here: http://www.pendrivelinux.com/install-slitaz-to-usb-from-windows/ and typed "slitaz home=usb" at boot. It creates a tux folder on the computers hard drive and stores all the data there instead of on my USB drive. How do I fix this?
  • mojomojo March 2010
    In terminal as root
    fdisk -l

enter
    Determine what name the computer gives the usb drive from the list that you want /home mounted on.
    Should fdisk -l say it's /dev/sdd
    use slitaz home=sdd
  • erniaernia March 2010
    home=usb uses /dev/sda1 as default, so if your usb key is not /dev/sda you are in trouble.
    you better use home=uuid , where uuid is the uuid of the partition you want to use as home. you can find the uuid with the blkid command.
    in this way slitaz should use the partition in your usb key in every computer you use the key.
    I put in home=UUID, and it seems to detect the USB well. Now it's giving me 'failed to execute login command' and I can only login as root.
    I put in home=UUID, and it seems to detect the USB well. Now it's giving me 'failed to execute login command' and I can only login as root.
    wooop triple post
  • erniaernia March 2010
    now you miss some files in /home/tux/ , you can copy them from the tux folder in your computer hard drive or copy them from the /etc/skel folder but in some file you should replace user_name with tux. check /etc/init.d/bootoptions.sh (or something like that) to know exactly wath slitaz do before you save some changes in the rootfs in your usb key

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social