This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

unable to install Vlc on my stable slitaz version
  • Solent_LinSolent_Lin February 2010
    Hi everyone,
    I downloaded Vlc from slitaz website, and i tried to install it.
    It begins by installing the dependencies, and it comes to VLC, i get the following messages:

Copying vlc-0.9.9a... [ OK ]
    Extracting vlc-0.9.9a... 1690 blocks
    Extracting the pseudo fs... zcat: fs.cpio.gz: No such file or directory
    rm: cannot remove 'fs.cpio.gz': No such file or directory
    Installing vlc... cp: cannot stat 'fs/*': No such file or directory

does someone has any clue about this problem.

Thx
  • plmdayplmday February 2010
    Solent_Lin,

Vlc is not available for the stable branch. I guess you downloaded the package for cooking, did you? Unfortunately you can not install it on the stable. The problem you met is due to the recent package format switch to lzma. You have to switch to the cooking branch or wait till the 3.0 stable version soon to come out.
  • Solent_LinSolent_Lin February 2010
    Ok thanks, but do you know when the latest stable version wil come out?
  • plmdayplmday March 2010
    I've no idea either. Anyway, keep an eye on the mailing list.
  • seawolfseawolf March 2010
    Every package has a maintainer within the metadata. You could have a look on the package database, or query that individual package, to find contact details for them. You will then be able to at least have a definitive answer, if not a stable package!
  • jozeejozee March 2010
    @seawolf : I am vlc pkg maintainer. So, I will just answer this. no need to mail me, please :-)

Simple answer is wait for 3.0 (hopefully by end of march). If you cannot wait, just grab the vlc receipt and recook on 2.0. But then you may have to recook all its dependencies too.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social