This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

grub error?
  • joshjosh February 2010
    after i gparted and installed slitaz when i boot slitaz it gives me "cannot turn cooling deice 'on' " and it is a command promt login.
  • joshjosh February 2010
    and now i cant even login i get a display error, . great
  • NikNik February 2010
    I'm not sure but that looks like your cooling device does not work properly? Is that possible? You might need to clean your computer...like in real life not virtual :D ?!
    I would like to help a little more but I don't really understand the problem...
  • RuppRupp February 2010
    if its a laptop make sure the fan is unobstructed. I had it shutting down on me right after boot because of that. That was in windows but a computer knows when to shutdown to save itself.

Rupp
  • joshjosh February 2010
    its worked fine untill just recently,

and yes, the fan is working.

it doesnt take the default user login @ the prompt, says that login/pass not correct, and when i log in as root i get about 200 lines of "display error" of some sort...
  • joshjosh February 2010
    ok after a resinstall, im now not getting the login/pass error but it goes straight to command prompt login. once i type my login i have to "startx".

if i never push anything at all every 5 seconds i get a message:

ASPI: cannot turning cooling device (df816dec) "on".

i checked my fan AGAIN for idiots sake. working fine. in e17 it has a thermo but it looks fine.

i know its not a grub error, i see that now.

any thought on how to get the graphical login back? is it because of e17? i read in another post it had some problems about being selected after installing but i dont even get a screen to pick it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social