This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

any plans for a fileutils package
  • jf_jf_ February 2010
    yes, I know that busybox "sort" of provides it already - but for me, i'm specifically looking for a specific option to 'ls' that i want to use, that busybox does not provide already. Namely '--time-style'. I've searched packages already - no fileutils. Any plan to provide that? (or a package just for 'ls')
  • seawolfseawolf February 2010
    +1

I would love an 'anti-busybox' (meta)package that restores these utilities to their former glory. I appreciate BB is good at providing most functionality but the compatibility just isn't there.
  • jf_jf_ February 2010
    thanks. Not that i was looking for the sort *binary* - but the *ls* binary... But that reply did certainly help. I went looking for 'ls' in packages, and surprise, surprise, it is provided for by 'coreutils-directory'... Thanks.

I did encounter a bug, though, with the install of this package. I would file a bug report - except that there doesnt seem to be a place to do so? (I'm browsing around - cant find it).

Problem is this: installing coreutils-directory MUST require package 'acl'. If not, you get the following error message:

ls: error while loading shared libraries: libacl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social