This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Removing applications is not working
  • marcolphusmarcolphus October 2009
    I'm using stable version 2.0. When I choose to remove the application, the xterm window pops up, I confirm the remove, the app is not listed in installed and everything looks fine but... The link to program doesn't disappear from menu and you can run the program easily. I click and it just runs. What's wrong? I can't remove anything...
  • oomfieoomfie November 2009
    I'm having the same problem, also with stable 2.0. Looking at usr/bin/tazpkg, I think the relevant code is:

echo -n "Removing all files installed..."
    for mod in `cat $INSTALLED/$PACKAGE/modifiers 2> /dev/null`
    do
    for file in `cat $INSTALLED/$PACKAGE/files.list`
    do
    [ $(grep ^$file$ $INSTALLED/$mod/files.list | wc -l) -gt 1 ] && continue
    rm -f $file 2>/dev/null
    dir="$file"
    while [ "$dir" != "/" ]; do
    dir="$(dirname $dir)"
    rmdir $dir 2> /dev/null || break
    done
    done
    done

I'm not really a competant shell script programmer, but doesn't this mean that if there is no modifiers list, it won't do anything? Can we have some help with this please?
  • oomfieoomfie November 2009
    Oh crap, I must have messed up the HTML tags. Anyway you get the idea, right?
  • MarioMario January 2010
    Hey!!!!!!!!!! ---- I have noticed about this thing also! I can't remove any application neither via package manager nor terminal. Message of removed is ok but everything still stays installed. Please correct it, I'm not an advanced linux user and I'd like to keep using Slitaz. Thanks.
    Hey!!!!!!!!!! ---- I have noticed about this thing also! I can't remove any application neither via package manager nor terminal. Message of removed is ok but everything still stays installed. Please correct it, I'm not an advanced linux user and I'd like to keep using Slitaz. Thanks.
    Ok, I'm happy. I have upgraded and everything is working fine (tazpkg remove).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social