This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

got a problem with the wbar
  • NikNik February 2010
    Hey
    I did just try to follow the instructions for the slitaz "sexy desktop" but I don't get the wbar to work.
    When starting it in the terminal with: wbar it responds: error while loading shared libraries: libImlib2.so.1 : cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    What am I supposed to install to get it to work properly?
    thank you
    Nik
  • RuppRupp February 2010
    you need to download and install imlib.
  • LuXLuX February 2010
    Hello Nik,

I have just installed wbar (not tint2 and the remaining parts of the sexy desktop). Then run "wbar ..." (with the options indicated in the wiki) and had no particular problem. So I suppose that something went wrong when you installed wbar.

1) Important: Have you re-installed tazpkg in the past few days? If not, please do it now, and after that upgrade everything, and re-install wbar, it should work. See the annoucement here:
    http://forum.slitaz.org/index.php/discussion/comment/2468/#Comment_2468

2) Otherwise, check if the missing library is properly installed by typing 'ls -l /usr/lib/*mlib2.so*' in a terminal. It should give you the same answer as me:
    # ls -l /usr/lib/*mlib2.so*
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 Feb 4 12:03 /usr/lib/libImlib2.so -> libImlib2.so.1.4.0
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 Feb 4 12:03 /usr/lib/libImlib2.so.1 -> libImlib2.so.1.4.0
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 352804 Sep 22 20:18 /usr/lib/libImlib2.so.1.4.0

As you can see, libImlib2.s.1.4.0 is the full name of the library,while libImlib2.so and libImlib2.so.1 are nickames (so called "symbolic links") which have probably been created during the install. If in your system the library is there but not the links, you can add them by hand (as root):
    # ln -s /usr/lib/libImlib2.so.1.4.0 /usr/lib/libImlib2.so
    # ln -s /usr/lib/libImlib2.so.1.4.0 /usr/lib/libImlib2.so.1

On the other hand if the library itself is missing, you may try to re-install wbar:
    # tazpkg get-install wbar --forced

Read the messages during the installtion, you should see this one:
    Installation of : imlib2-1.4.0
    ================================================================================
    Copying imlib2-1.4.0... [ OK ]
    Extracting imlib2-1.4.0... 348 blocks
    Extracting the pseudo fs... (lzma) 1117 blocks
    Installing imlib2... [ OK ]
    Removing all tmp files... [ OK ]
    ================================================================================
    imlib2 (1.4.0) is installed.

Hope this helps,
    LuX.
  • NikNik February 2010
    hey
    first of all thank both of you for those quick answers!
    I did of course try Rupp's method first because it's just one line ;-)
    first, it did't work because I did just use the wbar command...
    so I started thinking myself and looked at community.slitaz.org/wiki/SexyDesktop once more
    and I discovered that panksos command was a little longer than mine :P
    so I used his command and it worked
    and now, thanks to you, I'm happy
    greetz
    Nik
  • RuppRupp February 2010
    congrats on getting it fixed

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social