This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Tazlito Box: gen-liveflavour fails "Unable to find a distro rootfs..."
  • YonatanYonatan January 2010
    I tried using these instructions as a guide: http://www.slitaz.org/en/doc/handbook/gen-livecd.html
    Network is wifi, can surf and update packages without errors.
    1) Started tazlitobox as su.
    2) Under "Flavors" tab: clicked "Get Flavor". No errors appear in the terminal window.
    3) Under "System" tab: clicked "Gen distro". gen-liveflavor reports "Unable to find ipw-2200-firmware-3.0-9.0.1 in the repository." and tries to download from mirrors. It then reports 404 and one 550 errors, followed by:

Flavor generation
    ================================

Unable to find a distro rootfs...

...and that's that.
    It happens regardless of whether I clean the distro or not.
    What am I doing wrong?
  • seawolfseawolf January 2010
    Hi @Yonatan --

I've never used the Flavour gen, only TazLito Live CD gen, but you could try to download the package from the repos and add it to /var/cache/tazpkg -- this is the package cache. If i's in there, it should find it. I think!

The alternative is to prevent it looking. In TazLito one can remove it from the distro-packages file, so the build won't go looking for it; I don't know how Flavour gen works in this way so it may not be correct.

HIH
  • GokhlayehGokhlayeh January 2010
    Hello,
    Wich flavor are you trying to build ?

ipw-2200-firmware-3.0-9.0.1 is a non-free package, so you can't find it in the Slitaz repos and the flavor build failed. I think that it's true name is ipw2200-firmware. First, you can search for it in /home/slitaz/packages/ If you don't find it, you can add it there.

The first solution of seawolf won't work. If you want to have the package in your flavor, you must install it and repack it yourself as it is non-free. I'm not sure but I think this could work, maybe you must adapt it to your own situation :

# You must be root to execute theses commands
    # Install get-wifi-firmware if you don't have it already installed :
    tazpkg get-install get-wifi-firmware
    # Download and install ipw-2200-firmware :
    get-ipw2200-firmware
    # Repack ipw-2200-firmware
    tazpkg repack ipw2200-firmware
    # Copy the pkg into the package folder of tazlito
    cp /home/tux/ipw2200-firmware*.tazpkg /home/slitaz/packages/

The second solution of seawolf must work, the distro-packages.list can be found at /home/slitaz/flavors/. If you're package is named ipw2200-firmware-* and tazlito search for ipw-2200-firmware, you can fix typo in this file.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social