This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

enna media center - several problems
  • iegubkiniegubkin January 2010
    Hello slitaz developers!

I experienced several problems getting enna up and running:
    I started with a fresh install of slitaz with only the addition of xorg-server, xorg-xf86-video-ati, and xorg-libXv
    The installation seemed to go smoothly:
    root@ga-7zx:/home/tux# tazpkg get-install enna
    eet
    evas
      + fribidi
      + libgsf
      + libcroco
    ecore
    edje
      + embryo
    emotion
      + enlightenment [Is this really necessary for enna?]
          + efreet    [This is necessary - see below]
          + edbus
          + curl
      + xine-lib
          + xorg-libXvMC
          + libtheora
      + xorg-libXp
      + xorg-libXss
    eina
    libplayer
    libvalhalla
    libelementary

enna (0.4.0) is installed.
    -----> enna running - try 1
    root@ga-7zx:/home/tux# enna
    enna: error while loading shared libraries: libgnutls.so.26: No such file or directory

root@ga-7zx:/home/tux# tazpkg get-install gnutls
    gnutls (2.8.3) is installed. [plus gnutls dependencies libgcrypt, libgpg-error, and readline)
    -----> enna running - try 2
    enna: error while loading shared libraries: liblirc_client.so.0: No such file or directory
    root@ga-7zx:/home/tux# tazpkg get-install lirc

lirc (0.8.5) is installed. [plus lirc dependencies libusb, libusb-compat, libftdi]
    -----> enna running - try 3
    enna: error while loading shared libraries: libefreet-ver-svn-03.so.0: No such file or directory

slitaz's efreet has libefreet-ver-svn-05.so.0 so I tried a symlink:
    root@ga-7zx:/home/tux# ln -s /usr/lib/libefreet-ver-svn-05.so.0 /usr/lib/libefreet-ver-svn-03.so.0
    -----> enna running - try 4
    enna: error while loading shared libraries: libavformat.so.52: No such file or directory

libavformat.so.52 is in ffmpeg-0.5
    root@ga-7zx:/home/tux# tazpkg get-install ffmpeg
    ffmpeg's dependencies also installed:
      + imlib2
          + libid3tag
      + jack-audio-connection-kit [** Is this really necessary for ffmpeg? **]
    -----> enna running - try 5
    enna: error while loading shared libraries: libexif.so.12: No such file or directory
    root@ga-7zx:/home/tux# tazpkg get-install libexif

libexif (0.6.16) is installed.
    -----> enna running - try 6
    enna: error while loading shared libraries: libecore-ver-svn-03.so.0: No such file or directory

slitaz's ecore has libefreet-ver-svn-05.so.0 so I tried a symlink:
    root@ga-7zx:/home/tux# ln -s /usr/lib/libecore-ver-svn-05.so.0 /usr/lib/libecore-ver-svn-03.so.0
    -----> enna running - try 7
    enna finally begins but stops with the error:
    [1;1mlibvalhalla[0m] [database.c:1089] [32;1mInfo[0m: Database version : 1
    [1;1mlibplayer/mplayer[0m] [31;1mErr[0m: mplayer executable not found in the PATH

root@ga-7zx:/home/tux# tazpkg get-install mplayer
    Mplayer dependencies also installed:
      + lame
      + giflib
      + enca
    mplayer (1.0rc2) is installed.
    -----> enna running - try 8 (lucky 8 - almost)
    enna begins but gives hundreds of errors all similar to:
    EDJE: Error loading image collection "images/194" from file "/usr/share/enna/theme/default.edj". Missing EET Evas loader module?
    Error type: EVAS_LOAD_ERROR_GENERIC
    EDJE: Error loading image collection "images/196" from file "/usr/share/enna/theme/default.edj". Missing EET Evas loader module?
    Error type: EVAS_LOAD_ERROR_GENERIC
    EDJE: Error loading image collection "images/195" from file "/usr/share/enna/theme/default.edj". Missing EET Evas loader module?

Apparently the default theme was not installed. enna launches but without any backgrounds or images at all.
    ====================
    Summary: (see http://packages.geexbox.org/dists/karmic/main/binary-i386/Packages)
    libvalhalla needs added dependencies ffmpeg (for libavformat.so.52) and libexif
    libplayer needs added dependency mplayer
    eet needs added dependency gnutls
    enna needs efreet and lirc
    emotion does not need enlightenment
    enna asks for the wrong versions of libefreet-ver-svn and libecore-ver-svn. slitaz has 05 and enna wants 03. Symlinks seem to work.enna's default theme needs to be properly installed
    ====================
    Thanks for reading all this, iegubkin
  • GokhlayehGokhlayeh January 2010
    Hi,

We can continue the tests with
    $ tazpkg get-install enlightenment-pam
    $ exit
    # enlightenment_start

When launched in Openbox, the normal output of enlightenment_start is that e17 can't run if another WM is already used. But in our case we have :

<<<< Enlightenment Error >>>>
    Enlightenment a détecté que Evas ne pouvait pas charger les fichiers EET.
    Veuillez vérifier que Evas contient le support de EET.

E17: Begin shutdown procedure!

(in english : Enlightenment has detect that Evas cannot load EET files. Check that Evas contain support for EET)

It seems the problem is due to evas and not to edj theme file.

Rage doesn't work too. As enna, it search files named *-ver-svn-03* wich are now named *-ver-svn-05*.
    When i do
    find /usr/lib -name "*ver-svn-05*"
    I find some files and directories of evas named *-ver-svn-05*. If I create symlink named *-ver-svn-03* for all of them, enna can load the .edj theme file.

At this point we can use a command line wich create symlinks named *-ver-svn-03* for all *-ver-svn-05* files and directories in /usr/lib/, but I don't know how to do. I don't know if the "05" files are used or not, so we can also try to rename then and see if it works. Then we can test if enna, enlightenment and rage works, change the receipt and cook a debugged package.
    Finally, you can solve the theme problem with this :
    ln -s /usr/lib/libevas-ver-svn-05.so.0 /usr/lib/libevas-ver-svn-03.so.0
    We have to create symlinks because enna search for the "05" and "03" files at the same time... This is strange.
    With this symlink enlightenment seems to work well too.

In enna, I've problems with french caracters, with mplayer wich not works (in enna or stand alone... but it's an other problem), with image (crash due to segmentation error, i don't know why) and the weather module don't locate me. I will give news if I solve this.
    Great detective work Gokhlayeh,

A quick summary. To get enna to work:
    [updated 22/Jan/2010]

install gnutls lirc ffmpeg libexif mplayer-svn faac elementary and, of course, enna

then (as root) make symbolic links:

for f in $(find /usr/lib/ -name "*ver-svn-05*" ! -path */enlightenment/*); do ln -s $f $(echo $f|sed s/-05/-03/); done
    I am also getting the segmentation fault for images (solved with installation of elementary). My mplayer works OK. (Mplayer-svn needs faac.) For your problem with French characters, this page might be helpful:

Passer à l'UTF-8
    http://community.slitaz.org/node/26
    I figured out the problem for the segmentation fault for images. The maintainer of the elemetary package for slitaz split libelementary from the rest of elementary:

http://hg.slitaz.org/wok/rev/391f2779a54e

The enna package requires libelementary but not elementary. It needs both apparently. With elementary installed, the image viewer works as it should.

tazpkg get-install elementary
    Thank you for find the solution.

I've now a fonctionnal mplayer by changing to video output (X11 instead of Xv) ; but enna seems to not use this configuration change and don't play videos.

I have no time to tweak this package for the moment, so I will do this later.
    I will give you news in this thread.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social