This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Bug in Shiretoko? - Problem with opening the containing folder of a downloaded File
  • meanptmeanpt January 2010
    Anytime I need to open the folder/directory where a file was downloaded, from shiretoko's downloads widow, it always open a launch application window. Have this problem been reported before?
  • cavalier911cavalier911 January 2010
    Troubleshoot by create new browser profile.

If problem solved it's not program but user specific configuration.

Open terminal, become root

/usr/bin/firefox -ProfileManager

Create a new profile,uncheck "Don't ask at Startup"

Reboot,login as user that had problem.

Launch Shiretoko,pick the new profile.

See this: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Recovering%20important%20data%20from%20an%20old%20profile

If fixed mozilla has instructions for importing bookmarks and other data from damaged profile

If that doesn't fix then:

Logout of SliTaz and login as root, or create another user and see if it has the same problem.

Hi, cavalier, thanks for the help. This is what happened, after rebooting:

1- As the "root" user: I'm given the option to and can change to the new profile, but the problem with the opening of the containing folder remains.

2- As the "tux" user: I'm neither given the option to change the profile neither is "opening the containing folder" working.

What intrigues me is the problem not being reported by anybodyelse
  • NikNik January 2010
    Hi
    I got the same problem :) I hope that makes you feel better :)
    But now to the worse part of my message
    I can't fix it either :)
    greetz
    Nik
    Nik. thanks. It's nice to not bee alone :)
  • GokhlayehGokhlayeh January 2010
    Same problem for me, the command to open folder and the mimestypes configuration files wich tell wich program to use to open downloaded files seems not configured.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social