This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Hard Disk Installation Problem.
  • RamachandranRamachandran January 2010
    I burnt Slitz - Cooking ISO on CD and booted from Live CD. However, when I try to install in Hard Disk , it says rootfs.gz is not found. However, on my physical examination of CD, I found rootfs.gz file in Live CD. As instructed in your help section, I tried to mount CD Drive. However, mounting is not possible. Is it require Driver software for CD/DVD writer, in order to access CD Drive. Kindly let me know how to install Slitz -cooking in my Hard Disk. I refereed to your section, how to install in Hard Disk. Accordingly I tried to mount CD Drive and fails to mount the CD cum DVD writer. you may please note I was able to install Puppy Linux from same Drive. I am looking forward your simple to understand solution for this problem as I would like to install Slitaz in my Computer.
    Ramachandran
    Kerala, India
  • LuXLuX January 2010
    Hello Ramachandran,

first of all let me know which kind of installation on your HD you want to perform :

- "normal" install, which requires a devoted partition in which the system is installed in uncompressed form (there is no rootfs.gz anymore in this case), in order to work with Slitaz like any other non-live linux system,

- or a "frugal" install, which does not require a devoted partition and works like the LiveCD or LiveUSB, except that the kernet and the compressed file system rootfs.gz stays somewhere in your HD instead of an amovible support.

Regards,

LuX.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social