This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

problem with window system
  • anthonyanthony December 2009
    Hi I just installed slitaz (the airocrack version) - running compressed filesystem from the hardrive instead of USB as the USB wouldnt boot. However X is not working properly, it starts up and I can run programs but there is no "top section" of the window - so you cant close the program or move it around, also nothing appears in the taskbar area when programs are opened, and alt-tab does nothing. It is currently behaving strangely and is unusable as is. Is there a way to view any errors - log file somewhere? And is it possible to change the refresh rate of the monitor too?
  • anthonyanthony December 2009
    so i got the windows working, typing openbox-session while in x works, but where can i make it automatically start? Also is there a way to make slitaz save the ramdrive etc as you lose settings when you reboot?
  • HAL9000HAL9000 January 2010
    Hello !

>but where can i make it automatically start ?
    I don't know, but maybe you should study the init scripts of both slitaz and openbox.
    Try to reconfigure "tazx".

>Also is there a way to make slitaz save the ramdrive etc as you lose settings when you reboot?

Yes, by using the persistency. Take a look at http://www.slitaz.org/en/doc/handbook/livecd.html#usbmedia

I'm a newbie too ;-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social