This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

How to store data in home (a installation on hdd) ?
  • icecreamicecream December 2009
    Hello, I live in France, I'm a new user of slitaz, which I find perfect.
    I don't succeed to mount the hda6 partition to store my document ( /home ), I've tried to change /proc/cmdline but I can't.
    With the live cd, it's easy, we need to write "slitaz home=hda6 before the boot".
    Can you help me please ?
    Thanks. :)
  • seawolfseawolf December 2009
    Bonjour icecream --

if you change the line in /etc/fstab to refer to /dev/hda6, it should mount at start-up. Also, you may need to check the permissions match the user account (the user ID number, 1000, as some distros use 500).

Cheers.
  • seawolfseawolf December 2009
    Also, do any specific error messages appear during start-up?
  • kultexkultex December 2009
    icecream,

the fstab is one possibility, but you can do also home=hda6 in /boot/grub/menu.lst so the line should be like this:

kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.30.6-slitaz root=/dev/hda1 home=/dev/hda6 vga=normal

you can also use the UUID number instead of /dev/hda6 and of course, you must have copied the contents of /home to hda6

• icecreamicecream December 2009
    Ok the two solutions are available and possible but modify /boot/grub/menu.lst is more easier.
    Moreover we don't need to copie the contents of /home to hda6 : it's automatic !
    It's fantastic, thank you very much !!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social