This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Need assistance with wifi installed firmware on cooking version with puppy linux download
  • techkathytechkathy March 2011
    I installed intel 3945 firmware for my wireless card.  I had to download it using macpup 511 since I did not have a wired ethernet connection in my room to use so i have to use a wireless card.  I downloaded the firmware and unpacked it but I suspect it is in the wrong filename and in the wrong place.  I am using the cooking version of slitaz.  I need to get the wireless working so I can demo the os to potential investors in my project using slitaz.  Please assist me in getting this working.  Thanks.
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za March 2011
    This is one of the down sides of SliTaz - it doesn't provide the firmware in package form yet. This will change in the future, but for the moment your forced to use an ethernet connection or some creative hacking to get online so you can use tazhaw detect-pci --get-firmware.

That said, I did try converting over the debian firmware which you can try using. It's available @ http://trixarian.za.net/downloads/firmware-intel-0.28.tazpkg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged

SliTaz Social