This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

slim loads... but graphics are all screwey.
  • DigitDigit February 2011
    i've been meddling with a lot... so this may get messy.

i've gone and installed scrotwm converted from a .deb, but must have done something in one of the following i presume:

/etc/slim.conf
    /etc/scrotwm.conf
    /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    /usr/share/slim/themes/*the_theme_i_copied_from_old_install*
    ~/.xinitrc
    ~/.xsession
    another .xinitrc or .xsession somewhere else.

so rather than re-trawling through a dozen configs trying to spot my mistake...

i'd rather set it up right from scratch again... and for that, i'd like a little "knee-bone's connected to the..." song, to help me understand the proper flow of things.

.xsession points to .xinitrc... slim starts session from .xinitrc... startx does... tazx comes into the story somewhere too...

i didnt have much success finding an overview of the sequence of X startup in a google search, especially when including "slitaz" in the search.

... it's come to that point where i'm bleary eye'd n too tired to follow the clues n test stuff out properly (or safely without further borks)....
    *posts before falling asleep*)
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za February 2011
    How is it screwy? Is the colours off, doesn't it display anoying or is it displaying something it shouldn't? It might help narrow the search a bit.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social