This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Arduino compile errors
  • ProxxProxx February 2011

Hi all.

i have a thinclient that i will use to controll a arduino board. so i figured slitaz would be the best choice.
    the thinclient i have had a flashdrive from 128MB so i cannot experiment much on that. and are forced to use the slitaz-base flavour

ok now to the problem

ik have installed slitaz in virtualbox. with a 6gb harddisk and ar trying to create a package from arduino for slitaz
    when i am trying to compile the ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/binutils/binutils-2.19.1.tar.gz i am getting an insanity problem :P

"configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check"

root@slitaz:/home/marco/binutils-2.19.1# cpp -v
    Using built-in specs.
    Target: i486-pc-linux-gnu
    Configured with: ../gcc-4.4.1/configure --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-nls --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,fortran --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-objc-gc --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-threads=posix --with-tune=i486 i486-pc-linux-gnu
    Thread model: posix
    gcc version 4.4.1 (GCC)
    COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS='-E' '-v' '-mtune=i486'
     /usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.1/cc1 -E -quiet -v - -mtune=i486
    ignoring nonexistent directory "/usr/local/include"
    ignoring nonexistent directory "/usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.1/../../../../i486-pc-linux-gnu/include"
    #include "..." search starts here:
    #include <...> search starts here:
     /usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.1/include
     /usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.1/include-fixed
     /usr/include
    End of search list.

can somebody help mee with this.

• Trixar_zaTrixar_za February 2011
    Why not just use the binutils supplied by SliTaz?
    i did try that but ended in some other compile related problems.
    so i thought i could maybe recompile the binutils and then compile arduino but even that isnt working.

i wil get back to the clean base installation and try again. so i can post the arduino package compile errors

ow and btw is slitaz based on debian or some other distro? becouse there are some precompiled packages so that would be easyer
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za February 2011
    SliTaz isn't based on any prior distro - The only things about it that's not built from the ground up is the Linux kernel and busybox.

That said, the tazpkg command does come with the ability to convert over slackware, debian and fedora packages. Debian Lenny packages seem to work best though.

What you could try doing is downloading it from http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/arduino and using tazpkg convert to convert it over into a tazpkg. You'll probably need to do the same for all the other packages not found in SliTaz too.

wow that is excactly what i was thinking about. thanks :D

ok im back at square one. the arduino package needs no compiling. but depends on gcc+avr to compile for the arduino board.
    in the default gcc package for slitaz there is nog gcc-avr. en to download that package for debian and convert there are to many dependency's

• slicelslicel March 2011
    An imperfect improvement with some other distros might be to boot the other distro's live cd and install the desired package with depends, copy the package cache to a persistent drive, and manually convert to tazpkg.

Maybe someone could write a script for tazpkg to access other distros' repos directly (cross-checking their depends to the slitaz installation) and convert on the fly.

Even if the script result is incomplete, it might do most of the work.

Maybe slitaz developers could use this script to make slitaz packages more easily.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social