This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

usb booting ,, help needed
  • adhikariindiaadhikariindia November 2009
    Dear friends
    I have celeron1000ghz(p3motherboard) pc , i have to load slitaz via usb-boot,i have gos loaded with internet connection dial-up but i do not have usb booting feature,, also i dont want floppy..how do i boot slitaz from usb "
    please help
    sam
  • adhikariindiaadhikariindia November 2009
    Bonjourr/guten tag cavalier911
    But motherboard do not support boot usb,, Please guide me the steps..
    1st, download the bootmanager, and after that..
    sam
  • seawolfseawolf November 2009
    PXE / network boot form another computer on your home network?
  • jozeejozee November 2009
    @adhikariindia: I don't understand what do you really want to do?? Do you want to install slitaz on a computer not having USB boot support and/or having malfunctioning CD and floppy drive? OR Do you want to use network booting? Maybe read this http://community.slitaz.org/node/7
  • cavalier911cavalier911 November 2009
    Yes,you've posted twice your motherboard does not boot usb.If you read about PLop, it boots usb even if your motherboard doesn't.Now tell me in detail how do you "load gos with internet connection dialup" ? Does your computer have a hard drive,cdrom drive ? Where you install PLop depends on what drives are available and if a bootloader is already installed. Reply back with detailed answers to my questions and I will advise you which method of PLop install is easiest for your situation.If you don't post the info I ask for then sorry, I can't help you.
  • adhikariindiaadhikariindia December 2009
    i just want to usb-boot slitaz into my old -pc...i have 810e intel bios do not support boot from USB..
    i have cdrom and hardrive and usb socket in my pc....
    gOS ihave booted from cdrom...i use a bluetoothdialup(slow speed) in gOS and yes it has GRUB bootloader to boot from hdd... Now i have made a slitaz-usb stick(4gb)via uNETBOOTIN software althopugh i do not have a slitaz-cd....and the usb stick containg slitaz is not booting , pls help..
    i have only one pc so i can not do network booting..
  • jozeejozee December 2009
    If you have a working CDROM, the easiest thing is that you download slitaz-cooking.iso from slitaz website and then use a LiveCD to boot. If network downloading is a problem (slow speed), you can try compressing the contents of usb into an iso file, and then burn iso to CD (gOS may have come software to do it).
    i have installed slitaz from live-cd Now tell me how to pair my mobile phone via bluetooth and create dial-up internet..,, please..i do not find bluez utils
    bonjourr/guthen tag
    i have samsung5130 mobile with data cable and dial-up software samsung pc-studio..
    How to configure the mobile modem to dial-up internet...
    samridh adhikari

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social