This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

(Solved) Nvidia Propietary Driver no direct rendering
  • sanger440sanger440 January 2011
    I am working on a new install of slitaz v3 stable.  The desktop has a Nvidia ti 4200 agp video card.  I tried the install as per the wiki guides but had glx errors.  So I compiled a proprietary driver from nvidia.com and all seemed to go well .Glxgears runs fast but glxinfo shows no direct rendering.  The driver appears to be installed (I get the Nvidia splash screen), the resolution is auto-set just no direct rendering. 

I did modify the /etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev-defaultrules and suggest in one of my previous posts

Thanks.

Edit:  I went back and compiled/intalled the Nvidia script again.  I remembered that I did an system update after I installed the driver and I think the update changed some stuff in the kernel (I am guessing) because my grub menu.lst was changed.

Kudos to Slitaz, as I was able to get an old system running really well with a full functioning video card.  Something I was rarely able to do with other Distro's I have tried over the years.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social